Financial planning for your retirement
Whatever you want from your retirement, you’ll want to enjoy it free from financial worries. Even if it’s still some years away, it’s never too early to start planning – in fact, the sooner the better!
There are two aspects to retirement financial planning:
• Firstly, how you create a retirement fund while you’re working (usually through a pension plan);
• Secondly, how you spend your fund when you retire.
If you’re still working, it’s important to consider taking out a pension. Many employers offer company pension schemes, and if they don’t already they will need to offer these by law in the next few years. Alternatively you can set up your own individual pension plan, which can offer flexibility and some tax benefits. We can help you consider your choices and make the right decision. Then we’ll make sure your money works hard… so you can relax.
If you’re an employer and you need help with setting up your company pension scheme, please visit our corporate pensions page.
In the years before you retire we can review how your pension is performing to make sure it’s on track. That’s also the time to start thinking about how you’ll use your pension to fund your retirement – and you have choices! You could:
• use your pension fund to buy an annuity – a plan to give you a regular income stream over a number of years;
• draw down a lump sum to start your retirement in style;
• phase your retirement – perhaps by working part-time for a while and only drawing some of your pension;
• take some money directly from your pension fund (called income withdrawal, or drawdown);
• consider higher-risk options, such as unsecured pensions and investment-linked annuities.
Some decisions you make about how you use your pension fund cannot be reversed, and with some options there are restrictions and conditions – so it’s important you make your choices carefully. Our expert advisers can guide you, ensuring you understand all the options, benefits and risks.
Long-term care funding
The costs of long-term residential or nursing care can be daunting – as much as £36,000 per year. With our particular expertise in long-term care funding we can help make the right care affordable, for as long as it’s needed – giving peace of mind to individuals and families alike.
Start securing your future now. Call us today on 01752 837950 for expert, free, no-obligation advice.
For professional, independent financial advice, get in touch by calling 01752 837950
- 5 Stret Constantine
- 14 Fore Street
- 5 Moorland Villas
- 9 Newton Place